Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Scrapbooking Crop

Well, I had a blast this weekend at the Scrapbooking Fundraiser Crop for a little girl that was struck by a car 3 years ago! They made over 6,000 dollars and that is not including what the vendors are chipping in also! They raised money for our fees which was 35 dollars to attend, they had shirts which were 7 dollars a piece. They also had silent auctions, that included items from lia sophia, bath and body works, and a bunch of other things! They also had a balloon pop, which were 7 dollars a piece, and we won a 25 dollar gift certificate for a hooded sweatshirt with a school logo, my sister won gift certificates to Wendy's and a free game of bowling, and my mom won picture frames and a towel that you can play checkers on!

We scrapped from 10am til 9pm. They had lunch, which included, desserts and sweets, hot dogs, and subs, with all the fixings, and chips. For dinner we had chicken wings, green beans and corn, sweets, breads, and cheese potatoes! It was great! They also provided drinks and snacks throughout the day.

They had a ton of vendors there, Creative Memories, Memories and something, Pampered Chef, a lady that did embossing, there was also a lady that I knew that did back massages for 10 minutes for 5 dollars!! My sister and mom had one and they about fell asleep! Avon was also there, and a couple of other ones that I cannot think of!

They gave away door prizes every hour, from scrapbooking supplies to hand made shelves and lia sophia jewelry and watches with interchangable bands. We did not win any though! There were a couple of numbers called around ours, one below one of our numbers and one that was 3 above ours! LOL They also had many giveaways! Pampered chef, avon and one other one did giveaways and raffles as well!

The scrapbooking vendors had sales at the end and throughout, from 40% off certain objects and at the end, they had 50% off a bunch of things because they did not feel like taking it home and 40% off everything else that is not in the 50% off piles!

It was a blast. I got about 15 pages done or so....maybe more maybe less I am not sure, I have not couted yet.

I bought a bunch of things, stickers, a t-shirt that says "Scrapbookers do it all night long" LOL They had two other ones, one about a husband and another about children and I do not have either, so I went with this one...lol...I also bought a little pink and brown bag that holds pens, scissors and everything like that....so I spent about 30 dollars with that and a t-shirt that says "Katie Weis 3rd Annual Fundraiser!" Plus the 35 dollar fee to attend, so about 65 dollars in all, which is all well worth it for a fundraiser!

Walmart was also going to match what they made while at the crop. They made 1000 dollars between 10am-pm, so they made 2000 dollars in that time with the walmart matching them! So that helps out a bunch!!

I HAD A BLAST!!!!!! I am defintely attending next year!!!

No comments: